716 East Lime Street
According to the 2016 LMNA Historic Home Tour brochure, this house gets the longest single family ownership award, 90 years, and it is the oldest home on the Historic Lake Morton Tour this year! The home shows up in the 1915 Lakeland Directory with the Fletcher family. It does not show up on the 1913 Sanborn Fire map. So, likely built between 1913 and 1915. Prior to 1924 the address was 706, then changed to 716. Original owners are listed in 1915 as the Fletchers, Charles and Emma Arilla and their five children, Linda Fletcher Burnside; Nancy Jane Fletcher Freeman; Efﬁe Fletcher St. Germain; Fay Fletcher Lee; and Carl Fletcher. Charles was a guard, a road supervisor, and the proprietor of a wood shop until his death in 1932, Emma died in 1965.
(Note: The address until 1924 was 706 and after, 716.)
In 1938, the Fletchers had a lodger living with them, Ames St. Germain, Jr. Ames and Efﬁe married in 1947 and they lived in the home until their deaths in 1974 and 1989 respectively. In 2005, Efﬁe‘s nephew (son of her sister Nancy Jane), Lee W. Freeman sells the home to Jason Brown, who on the brink of foreclosure, sells the home to Prestige Worldwide Group (Gregory Fancelli) in 2011. At this time, the interior of the house is restored extensively.
Kelly McGiIl moved into the home (in 2015) because of the close proximity to downtown and the walkability of the neighborhood — which is the common thread of everyone who lives in this historic district. She loves the architectural details of the home which was restored to much of the original design. Possible future improvements would include the outdoor space and landscaping. But, that does not take away from the enjoyment she ﬁnds living there.